Suggest medication for schizophrenia

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: i want to try asprin for illness schizophrenia as an adjunct to clozapine. Suggest pros and cons please
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Aspirin helps to augment the actions of Clozapine

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HealthcareMagic,

Recently some studies have proved role of Aspirin as adjuvant therapy in treatment of schizophrenia. The drug has not yet got approval but a lot of studies showed that adding Aspirin to antipsychotic drugs helps to boost the effects. You can try buy only after consulting your doctor.

Aspirin is otherwise safe drug but should be used with caution in those with history of allergy, asthma. High doses are needed for best effects and this increases the risk of gastric side effects.

Thanks and Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy