Suggest medication for persistent pain in the wrist after injury

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: my dad fell injured right wrist no fractures. was given tramadol and xefo rapid for pain. he is still having pain. allergic to penicillin and asprin. use purblokka and eltroxin. 79 years old. what else can i give him for pain.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral muscle relaxants can help.

Detailed Answer:
If the pain is not getting relieved with these two then you can give tramadol every 6 hours, do a hot compress in the area of injury and ask him to use a wrist brace to provide rest to the wrist. You can also get some oral muscle relaxants prescribed from his physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal