Suggest medication for acid reflux post sleeve operation

Gastroenterologist
Question
my daughter is 43 yearsold. she had a what is called sleeve operation in order to loose weight. now she suffers a esophageal reflux from the stomach acids. From the inspections we found that she has an indicator of value 50 while it should be < 14. please let we knowa name of medicines that can help a she suffers a lot . her doctor diagnoses advised that she might need a bypass operation as an alternative to the sleeve operation that she had already
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Proton pump inhibitor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query,
I would suggest her to take Levosulpiride. It’s a prokinetic drug and is very effective in controlling reflux of acid back into esophagus.A better way is to take it with Rabeprazole which is a proton pump inhibitor which control baseline secretion of acid.Various trials have shown that its very effective when combined with levosulpiride.You need a prescription for levosulpiride.
Regards!

Follow-up: Suggest medication for acid reflux post sleeve operation 17 hours later
I discovered that my daughter already taking the 2 midicines suggested by you yesterday. she is taking these 2 medicines since the sleeve operation 3 months ago but the reflux did not improve. in her visit yesterday to the doctor who performed the sleeve operation he told her that the only solution to her case is to make a bypass operation- the major one not the minor be cause with the minor bypass she will still have the reflux. - he told her also that if she continues her life with the reflux she may get cancer. in fact we are not happy with the above and wish to avoid the bypass operation altogether because it is not simple. i ask you to verify the above and confirm her doctor opinion if it is right. would you please advice of a different medicines as the current are not performing well or suggest any other option. all the documents of her case are submitted yesterday. thanks

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again dear,
Please follow the below mentioned medications for few days and tell me how she feels.
Don’t proceed for operation right niw.

Tab Acotiamide 100 mg thrice daily(Motility inhibitor)
Tab Nexium 80 mg twice daily(PpI)
Tab Itopride once daily.
Syrup Antacid 3 Tsf thrice daily
Tab VSL#3 twice daily
Take them all for 10 days and tell me how she feels.

Thanks!

Follow-up: Suggest medication for acid reflux post sleeve operation 10 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX one mistake in my last inquiry which is the sleeve opertion is done since year and 3 months instead of 3 months. does this has a change to your last reply ?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
No my dear patient,
Just follow the prescription and tell me how you feel in a week.
On a scale of 0 to 10.

Thanks!