Suggest medication for Tinea ring worm near breast, thigh and vagina

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Oct 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I Have a tinea ring worm outer side of vagina under my breast and on my thighs and leg one each. Its itching very badly. Now the medicine which has been prescribed is expensive and it ahs a lot of side effects so I am scared can u plz help.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals, antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints and you seem to be having extensive tinea.
You require topical and oral antifungals.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take tablet terbinafine 250 mg once daily in the morning and apply luliconazole cream on the affected area once daily for 4 weeks
For itching take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad