Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest medication to treat ringworm infection

Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8083 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My kid is having ring worm since 3 weeks, i have applied Luliconazone cream after consulting the local doctor on top of it for 1 week and it almost went off, but after 3 - 4 days now it is coming back. A very faint round boundary was visible, when i stopped to apply the cream hoping that it would just go away. What proper medication should i follow so that it can be cured completely.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use topical antifungal for at least 4-6 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
You may continue Luliconazole 1% cream, twice daily for at least 4-6 weeks for a complete cure - clinical as well as mycological cure. Just 1 week of topical treatment is too short and though it may result in near total clinical resolution but the infection is bound to return soon thereafter, as it happened in your son's case.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Topical antifungal

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2 and 3 centimeters, respectively. One is just anterior to her left axilla, the other is on her...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is paining and during itching has got open as well

doctor1 MD

I was having itching in my areas involving touching such as thighs, underarms and it was causing sour smell, so i asked one of the doctors here and they said that i have XXXXXXX otch and prescribed me an anti fungal cream but couldnt find it. I...