Suggest medication to treat ringworm infection

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
My kid is having ring worm since 3 weeks, i have applied Luliconazone cream after consulting the local doctor on top of it for 1 week and it almost went off, but after 3 - 4 days now it is coming back. A very faint round boundary was visible, when i stopped to apply the cream hoping that it would just go away. What proper medication should i follow so that it can be cured completely.
Mon, 7 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use topical antifungal for at least 4-6 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
You may continue Luliconazole 1% cream, twice daily for at least 4-6 weeks for a complete cure - clinical as well as mycological cure. Just 1 week of topical treatment is too short and though it may result in near total clinical resolution but the infection is bound to return soon thereafter, as it happened in your son's case.