Suggest exercises for L3 and L4 lumbar spine

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
what are the physio exercise for l3&l4 (lumber spine)?
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX namaskar under guidance and right posture

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The best exercise for back care is XXXXXXX namaskar.This must be learned under guidance. It is the best exercise to take care of back muscles. It is not necessary to all the 12 postures.
Beside exercises, my suggestions for you are-
1. Usually 1-2 days of bed rest will calm severe back pain. Do not stay off your feet for longer, though.
2. Avoid lifting weights as it imparts more strain on your back
3.Change your daily activities so that you avoid movements that can cause further pain, especially bending forward and lifting as it will worsen the intervertebral disc problems. If you want to bend forwards, do it with your hips and knees flexed.
4. You should maintain an optimum body weight to decrease the strain on your vertebral column causing more degeneration and arthritic changes.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.