Suggest dosage of Lexapro for obsessive compulsive disorder

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I have back some OCD, i don't like to see in the streets cars with open windows. I was taking Amisulpride 100 mg for anxiety, Lexapro 2.5 mg, Klonopin 1 mg and Keppra 1000 mg as mood stabilizer ( i am a very anxious person). Since four days my psychiatrist dediced to give a higher dose of Lexapro, now 5mg.. I am poor metabolizer for cyp2c19 and mild for cyp2d6. I am also now on Klonopin 2 mg (1 mg by night, 1 mg in the day). I would like to know: how long it takes to Lexapro to make an effect on OCD, not only in anxiety, since i've been told that the antiOCD effect is the last to appear. I am on Lexapro 5 mg for five days now (i've been on Lexapro 2.5 mg for many years). For the while, the antiOCD effect is poor, but it exists. I also would like to know if it's a standard dosage of Lexapro, since i am a poor metabolizer.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Eating Disorders

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
consult pscyhiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Thank you for your query.

Though you are poor metabolizer for cyp2c19, standard dose for escitalopram is 10mg for very good effect.
yes escitalopram takes more time for Anti OCD effect mostly around 20 to 30 days.
you are on higher dose of clonazepam if you feel any sedation with it there are many newer molecule which has no sedative effects and good response in anxiety like Etizolam, Tofisopam, Opipramol, Maxgaline ER etc...

For anti obsessive treatment there are many other drugs like Fluoxamine, Fluoxetine, Clomipramine etc which has very good response.

Discuss with your treating psychiatrist about this drugs.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you