Suggest dosage for Zyprexa

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi again dear friend :)

So. Now i am on 5 mg of Zyprexa pill, once per day.

Been on 5 mg for very close to 31 days.

And i'm still not under full (100%) dose.

So i want to lower my dose more.

i am thinking of lowering by 1,25 mg. if i do that then i will be on 3,75 mg per day.

i need to wait few more weeks until i can talk to my icelandic psychiatrist again and i dont want to wait that long until i take the next step to lower my dose.

so i want you and maybe one more psychiatrist on this website to be my new psychiatrists that handle my "case".

the reason why i want two psychiatrists is because with it i am protecting my individual-freedom-certificate. and it is safer.

i have lost my individual-freedom-certificate in court and then it was legal to keep me locked up in mental hospital without my permission.

i have it now. and i dont want to lose it again. and in iceland, following the guidance and taking medical action based on a psychiatrist that is in another country through a website that i dont know is "government approved" or something like that instead of following a icelandic psychiatrist in the icelandic hospital system could be considered dangerous for me to do (dangerous to myself).

anyway. are you willing to be my treating doctor along with one psychiatrist on this website who is from XXXXXXX ? (i havent talked to him yet)

i am wise when compared to the average human and i consider it best to not wait for the icelandic psychiatrist to have time for me.

if you are willing to be my treating doctor, do you need some more information from me ?

bottom line: i want to take action to lower my dose of Zyprexa more soon. and i want your guidance and psychiatrist-approved-permission to take action on it.

ok.

thanks alot again :)
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I can be your advising doctor but cannot support you legally

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,

Sorry for late response.

Thanks for contacting and offer of becoming your treating doctor. One limitation is there of this or any online service. I am far away from you in another country. It is not possible that I can legally ("government approved") be your treating doctor as I do not possess licence of practicing in USA. But yes I can be your advising doctor. You can choose other doctor on this site who is from XXXXXXX and ask him that he/she can be your treating doctor and that is "government approved" or not. It may be possible that he/she can as he/she has license of practicing in XXXXXXX

I am aware about your case so at present I do not need any further information.
31 days are more than sufficient to reduce further dose. In my opinion you can reduce 1.25 mg anytime now onward without any problem.

Take care dear.