Diagnosed with borderline personality disorder & bipolar condition

I am a 48 year old woman who is taking 5 mg Zyprexa(olanzapine), 50 mg nozanan, 5 mg zopiclone, 300 mg effexor time release, as well as blood pressure pills and cholesterol pills. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and bipolar . Is it safe for me to take Champix? My psychiatrist is hesitant.
Fri, 8 Feb 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

It is an excellent idea to stop smoking cigarettes for reasons of general health.

Many can accomplish this without the use of products such as CHANTIX using things such as biofeedback, acupuncture, and other mindfulness approaches such as meditation, yoga, etc.

If your psychiatrist is "hesitant" of your using Chantix then, I think it best you talk to them about alternatives.

They know best what you should and shouldn't be taking in terms of medication even if it is for a very good purpose such as smoking cessation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dariush Saghafi, Neurologist