Suggest dosage for Trazodone

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Sleep Disorders
Question: I have insomnia (I was told is because the medication I take that is Ziprasidone 40 mg, 1 capsule at bedtime). The Doctor gave me Trazodone to sleep, but the neurologist said that this medication produce some lost of memory in myself. I am taken Benadryl (2 tablets), but I can sleep just less than four hours a day. I need to sleep 6 to 7 hours a day because I live tired out. Please may you tell me what I can take?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Trazodone can be taken in low dose

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I do not think trazodone causes memory loss to anybody at the sleeping dose. For the sleep you just need either 25 or 50 mg at bedtime and it do not produce anything which is detrimental to your health.

In my opinion this can be used for sleep.

In case this does not help you we can think of other options like benzodiazepines.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.