question-icon

Suggest dosage for Metoprolol

Posted on Wed, 9 Dec 2015
Question: I took 50 mgm of metropolol, which is prescribed for me, then I threw up ( I have gastropuresis), is it safe to take another 50mgm of metoprolol? I finally decided. To take 15 mgm of imdur.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

It all depends on the time when you threw up the first dose. IF you threw up at least 2 hours after taking the medicine you shouldn't take a second pill of Metoprolol.

If you have threw it up within the first two hours, or you threw up the undigested pill, you can safety take another 50 mg of metoprolol.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist