Suggest antibiotics for tooth and jaw infection

Rheumatologist
Question
I am getting an allergic reaction from taking XXXXXXX -clyndamycin 300mg. Im allergic to penacillin. What other anitibiotic can I take for a tooth/jaw infection?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that you should stop taking the antibiotics you are having allergy immediately . Ciprofloxacin or erythromycin can be used in case of penicillin allergy but ciprofloxacin will be safer as you are also saying allergy to clindamycin . Please check with your treating doctor before taking any medicine.

Dr. Shruti