Suggest an alternative to Estrace and Premarin

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Do they have anything but the familiar like estrace, premarin estorgyn for menopausal symptoms ? Something with out the hormone?
madei
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are natural methods to treat menopausal symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to Healthcare magic.

I have read your question carefully and I will try to help you .

There are no equivalent natural or non hormonal remedies such as premarin or estrace but exist so many plant that help to relive menopausal symptoms .
black kohosh and primose oil can be used to relive hot flashes
ginseng for mood swings and sleep disturbances

These plants usually exist as supplement pills that are made directly by a trained herbalist.
Hence you can try to by them.

While to treat vaginal atrophy you can try with vaginal moisturizes and lubricants.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Bets regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 58 minutes later
Where do I get the 'vaginal moisturizers and lubricants' and what are called, or what is the names of them???

Im taking already:

black cohosh 500mg,
dong quai 1000mg and
siberean eleuthero 250mg for about 2 weeks with no change in sight.

Where do I get 'vagina moisturizers and lubricants? What they called where I get them?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use both of them

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!

You can use both lubricants and moisturizes.
Lubricants can be used immediately before intercourse while moisturizes can be used every two days to help vaginal dryness.
In the drug store you can buy them with different names ,vary from the state you live.

Meanwhile for the herbal remedies you are using they can relive symptoms of menopause at about 4 weeks after them use and vary from person to person.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana