Suggest alternative medication in place of Cardizem

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What is the replacement drug for Cardizem LA 240 mg. The generic form does not work for me.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would like to know more about your clinical situation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that considering the fact that generic and brand form of every drug have quite the same effects, as the generic form of Cardizem does not work for you, the brand form, will probably be ineffective on you.

I would like to know the reason of Cardizem prescription. Is it only for hypertension, for controlling supraventricular arrhythmia (atrial fibrillation), etc.?

Do you have any concomitant health disorders such as pulmonary disorder, renal or thyroid dysfunction, etc.?

Please could you explain your recent clinical symptomatology? Could you upload your performed test results, so I can directly review them for a more professional opinion?

Let me know about everything!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri