Suggest alternative for Aplenzin for depression

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I am told that Aplenzin 522mg is currently unavailable from the manufacturer. Do you know when it will be available again?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try wellbutrin twice a day

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Aplenzin (bupropion) 522 mg dose is the only FDA-approved single-tablet, once daily treatment equivalent to 450 mg of bupropion HCl therapy, which requiring two or three tablets daily.

If it is not available in market, you can try wellbutrin twice a day. That would help you to control anxiety disorder. Better to consult a psychiatrist for proper shifting of drug. I tried to find out the reason behind stoppage and its future availability, but couldn't get it.

In case, you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist