Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

154 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest a medicinal cream for a vaginal friction burn

Answered by
Dr. Michelle Gibson James

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 10744 Questions

Posted on Thu, 8 Mar 2018 in Women's Health
Question: What Can I put on a vaginal friction burn
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sitz bath, oral pain killer, topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

A sitz bath with warm (not hot) water and epsom or table salt, 2 to 3 times a day for 15 to 20 mins, would help ease discomfort and help with healing.

In addition, applying a mild topical antibiotic to the area may also help eg neosporin or fucindin. This can be used along with topical lidocaine if needed (if there is significant discomfort

An oral anti inflammatory pain medication may also speed up healing. eg naproxen, cataflam or ibruprofen

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 minutes later
Could I use triple antibiotic ointment?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, this can be used

Detailed Answer:

Yes, you can use this as well
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Triple antibiotic

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a cut on my finger and used a triple antibiotic first aid ointment. I am 4 weeks pregnant. Is the ointment harmful for my baby?

doctor1 MD

Hello. Since I shaved my groin area. Since then I've been getting pimples and boils . I just got one in my scrotum . I'm wondering what to do to prevent it or cure it. I've been using acne spot cream and works good, but they keep popping, also...

doctor1 MD

I had a tummy tuck and now I have a rash where they put the tape! Which cream Can I use?

doctor1 MD

I have a small lump under my armpit that is very painful. It has been a week. Today, pus started to come out sbd when squeezed more pus came out accompanied by blood. I used ribbing alcohol to clean and then applied Triple Antibiotic cream. I am not sure if that will make it better or worse.