Suggest treatment for pimples on the groin area

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello.
Since I shaved my groin area. Since then I've been getting pimples and boils. I just got one in my scrotum.
I'm wondering what to do to prevent it or cure it.
I've been using acne spot cream and works good, but they keep popping, also neospirin and alcohol.
If any I do lots of sports and like to use compression clothing.
For medications I'm allergic to sulfas
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
seems like Folliculitis.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HealthcareMagic,
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

I've reviewed the attached pictures, the pimples that you have seems like folliculitis. They keep popping because the bacteria are spread in other areas as well, and not in those that you treat with acne cream.

My recommendation is to do a bath with some drops of Iodine in it.
Also, you should apply 3 times/day a triple antibiotic at your nostrils, because the bacteria are most likely coming from there.

It this doesn't work as well, then oral antibiotics is the next step, but for the prescription, you need to see a local doctor

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee