Suffering with prolapsed bladder. Had a hysterectomy. Suggestion?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i AM SUFFERING WITH A PROLAPSED BLADDER. it is very uncomfortable, and there is also something protruding through the vagina. Iam due to see a urogynacologist in the next few days as i have private health insurance. I am worried that he will suggest a pessary. I had ahysterectomy last april and really don't like theidea of this. will I be able to opt for surgery?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

The treatment depends from the grade of prolapsed bladder. If your bladder is protruding through the vagina, this is grade 2 or 3. In this grades surgery is an option when either it is severe or pessaries and estrogens therapy does not give any improvement. So answering to your questions, yes, the surgery is an option for you. However the urologist has to examine you and the decision is up to him.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.