Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Suffering with back pain. What should I do to get cure?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
i suffering with back pain from last two-three years. actually when i work hard or take a long walk then my back pained too much. i can't sit properly. And normally i feel back pain at the time of sleeping. And when i went to the doctor and the doctor check me up completely and said that this problem not be solved with medicine. you have to do exercise daily. but normally i forget the exercise to do daily.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 8 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

You had chronic low backache and since the pain is more when you work hard or take a long walk so it’s most likely to be mechanical back pain.

If your examination of spine and X-ray is normal means there is no any secondary or pathological cause of your back pain.

So if you had mechanical back pain, the following measures will help:
You have to do back exercises regularly
Lie on hard bed
Correct your posture while sitting
Avoid prolonged sitting
Avoid lifting heavy weights.
So as your doctor advised you back exercises, you have to do them regularly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor