Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering from tooth decay. Fitted cap. Not able to eat due to burning sensation. Prescribed Dentacain and Vitcofol. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
My son is suffering from tooth decay. All his tooth are cut and black in colour. Doctor have fitted cap where ever possible.
At present he is facing sensation problem on the tip of his tongue. He keeps on rubbing the tongue with a cloth the whole day. Due to this some times he is not able to have his food as it gives burning sensation.
We have visited the doc who say that the infection is due to the teeth. They have given one gel ( Dentacain mouth gel ) and tonic (Vitcofol). But there is no difference since last 15 days.
Kindly suggest how to procedure further. Also how to save the new tooth from getting infected as few of his tooth have fallen.
Which colgate he should use.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 17 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

As you mentioned your child has got tooth decay & capping in many teeth. I would like to address this concern in two components,

1. I would like to ask whether he got pulpectomy done before capping.
He needs to go for complete oral examination to rule out any problem with his teeth to understand the cause of tooth decay.

2. Any decay tooth doesn't cause burning sensation & pain in tongue. The burning pain can be due to the following reasons:-
1. Canker sores
2. Cold sores
3. Dry mouth
4. Herpes
5. Oral thrush
6. Pernicious anemia

Hence, my opinion is that you need to consult a pedodontist & get his complete oral examination done. The doctor can also look for features of the aforementioned condition and plan treatment accordingly.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor