Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suffering from restless leg syndrome and diagnosed with sleep apnea. Cure?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5571 Questions
hello I may be suffering from restless leg syndrome how do I cure it? I have also been diagnosed with sleep apea which I have a cpap machine which I don't like I don't know if it even helps me al I want is a good night's sleep please help me
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ropinirole may help

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.
There are some good medications for treating pramipexole. Using them would help you a lot. I use them regularly in my patients with good results.

Regarding sleep apnea, CPAP machine is the mest treatment. If you are not benefiting, then, the machine settings may have to be changed. If you still do not get better, there are certain surgeries like UPPP (uvulo-palato-pharyngo-plasty). Please discuss these with your doctor.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog:

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor