Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from asthma bronchiale. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10 Questions
Dear Doctor,

My wife is suffering from Asthama bronchiale since Aug 11, the condition in monsoon is becoming very hard to manage. I wish to consult a specialist in this field.

It would be very helpfull if you could guide me on same.

Thanks and Regards.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Goyal 20 hours later

Asthma per-say is a chronic disease of bronchi and allergic in nature. I will personally suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed before taking any further action like medication. PFT or lung function test or pulmonary function test is one of the best tests to confirm the diagnosis.

If diagnosis of bronchial asthma is established, it will also tell you the severity of asthma, depending upon the severity of asthma further long-term treatment plan can be chalked out.

So in short, I need PFT test before suggesting you something.

I hope to have answered your query. Do write back if you have further queries to ask.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor