Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, sore throat, ear ache, head ache, body ache, chills

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2349 Questions
Hi- Im a 30 Yr old, good health. Today sudenly I have stomach pains, sore throat, ear ache, headache body ache and chills.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

The symptoms described by you are the features of acute viral infection involving the upper respiratory tract.

Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) is an acute infection involving the upper respiratory tract: nose, sinuses, pharynx or larynx. The most common features of URTI are sudden onset of malaise, cold, sore throat, fever, headache, etc. It is usually of viral in etiology caused by organisms such as rhinovirus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, etc. This is usually self-limiting and resolves within 3-4 days. Sometimes, this can be supper added with bacterial infection leading to worsening of the symptoms.

As URTI is initially of viral pathology, you can try home remedies such as bed rest, consuming plenty of warm liquids and steam inhalation 3-4 times per day. Avoid smoking and coffee as it dries up the nasal and throat secretions.

Try using saline nasal spray, paracetamol tablets for pain relief and malaise. If the symptoms do not improve within 3-4 days with the symptomatic medicines, then you will require antibiotics for the treatment of the same. Antibiotics such as a combination of amoxycillin and clavulanic acid, second generation cephalosporins are beneficial in controlling the infection.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor