Sternum pain, soreness, back pain, sleeping badly, no rib pain
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description, it seems that you are having inflammation of your sternoclavicular joint. Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one.
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your arms. Do not raise your arms over your head.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe lower back pain and rib pain safe remedy
- Rib pain back pain a headache with brown discharge
- Sternum pain back pain rib pain chronic condition treatment
- Rib pain and back pain x-ray showed no fracture reason
- Back pain and rib pain
- Sternum pain soreness back pain sleeping badly no rib pain
- Back pain in ict back pain
- Back pain and rib pain elevated bilirubin
- Abdominal pain lower back pain nausea rib pain dizziness cause
- Severe rib pain and back pain cause cancer
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...