Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Started vomiting and loose motion. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5759 Questions
dysentry and vomiting for girl of 8 years age with wieght of 50 advise the medicine.

she is taking non-veg a lot and yesterday took mutton a lot.
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 52 minutes later

Thank you for the query!

Dysentery should not be treated at home especially if it is about children. If she is suffering from diarrhea and vomits a lot, you should not wait and get her to ER. It is very XXXXXXX condition and may lead to dehydration what is life threatening.
It is hard to advice any medicine not knowing the cause of such symptoms.
She might need antibiotics which needs to be prescribed by a doctor.
So please do not neglect such symptoms and visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope this will help Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Started vomiting and loose motion. What treatment should be done? 15 hours later
It is only loose motion with one vomiting yesterday only.Pl advise the medicine.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such condition is probably caused by viral infection of intestines. That is why there is no specific medicine for it and usually it goes away by itself. The most important is to add sufficient amount of fluids. So if your daughter has loose motion, you need to give her increased amount of water or tea.
She should eat with smaller portions but more often so the total amount of food will be like usual.
The medicine that should help is Imodium 3x1 capsules. It should make intestines work slower and help with loose motions. You can also give her some probiotics.
If such symptoms will not improve in a few days you should contact your doctor.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor