Sniffed poppers and had sex. Having vomiting sensations, dizziness and sleeplessness. Advice

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: I have had roughly five hours of sex and sniffed on poppers a couple of times during that time. It was my second time (trying poppers) and I wasn't aware of the drug or its side effects. It has been 48 hours almost and I'm unable to sleep right. Barely sleep like an hour or so. Last morning, right after the whole night of sex and poppers, I had vomiting sensations, heavy breathing, dizziness, extreme body pain (sore feeling in every muscle). Everything is fine now to an extent, but I'm unable to sleep. Please advise what can I do to get over the weakness and sleep normally. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible side effects of inhaling poppers... Detailed Answer: Hi, What you are experiencing is related to the common side effects of sniffing on poppers. So, I'd suggest to keep away from using poppers, drink plenty of water, take chamomile tea (a couple of cups) and get physically involved (work or exercise). At the moment, this is all you can do until the effect of poppers will go and you can assume you normal sleeping. Hope it helped. Dr.Klerida If you have more concerns, do not hesitate to write me back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad