Small lumps on abdominal area. Feeling pain in back of neck and shoulder. Looking for cure

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a few small lumps located on my abdominal area; 2 on the left, 1 one the right and 1 above my navel. They are not really protruding but can be easily felt. When squeezed it usually burns and a lancing pain is felt at the back of my neck or shoulder. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 25 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

It would be much easier to answer your question having the photos of this lumps.
If this lumps are located in the abdominal soft tissue, most likely it can be lipomas or sebaceous cysts. Both are benign tumors and are not life threatening however cysts can get infected and give many pains. Sebaceous cyst is more possible if you do smoke.
If this lumps are deeper than skin abdominal wall tissues it can be abdominal hernia. It can get bigger while coughing or pushing hard on stool for example. Hernia is less visible while lying.
To definitely verify this tumors, ultrasound should be performed and if necessary, surgical removal for histological tests.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Thanks. I don't smoke. These appeared after I turned 32. They have increased minutely since then.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later
Hello!

Well, if this is nothing that gives pain or inflammation, you should not worry. If it really bothers you, ultrasound should give an answers and if any removal is necessary.

Hope this will help.
Regards.