Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

126 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Small lumps on abdominal area. Feeling pain in back of neck and shoulder. Looking for cure

User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5770 Questions
I have a few small lumps located on my abdominal area; 2 on the left, 1 one the right and 1 above my navel. They are not really protruding but can be easily felt. When squeezed it usually burns and a lancing pain is felt at the back of my neck or shoulder. Please help.
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 25 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

It would be much easier to answer your question having the photos of this lumps.
If this lumps are located in the abdominal soft tissue, most likely it can be lipomas or sebaceous cysts. Both are benign tumors and are not life threatening however cysts can get infected and give many pains. Sebaceous cyst is more possible if you do smoke.
If this lumps are deeper than skin abdominal wall tissues it can be abdominal hernia. It can get bigger while coughing or pushing hard on stool for example. Hernia is less visible while lying.
To definitely verify this tumors, ultrasound should be performed and if necessary, surgical removal for histological tests.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small lumps on abdominal area. Feeling pain in back of neck and shoulder. Looking for cure 1 hour later
Thanks. I don't smoke. These appeared after I turned 32. They have increased minutely since then.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later

Well, if this is nothing that gives pain or inflammation, you should not worry. If it really bothers you, ultrasound should give an answers and if any removal is necessary.

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now