Sir i am having flakes(papdi in hindi) on my forehead
Need more information
After going through your medical query I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that dandruff is a chronic condition but can be kept under control with some efforts. It takes mild to moderate kind of medication depending upon your skin type and area involved. I would like to know more about your medical history so that I can guide you properly.
1. What is your Age and gender?
2. What type of skin you have , oily, dry or mix ?
3. Do you have any other medical illness ?
4. Did you take any medication?
5. Did you ever checked your hormone levels.
Kindly revert back with required information so that I can guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
4. from last few years i am just using ultiderm lotion and that too at not regular intervals...no medicines.
After going through details provided by you I would like to suggest you to use Sebowash shampoo twice a week with good oil massage.
If any red or yellow patches are present on your scalp and do not go away after using Sebowash then it's recommended for you to consult a dermatologist personally for proper physical evaluation and some diagnostic evaluation to clean off the dandruff.
Hopefully this information will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
No, stop using that and try sebowash.
Yes in most cases it does start improving after 4 to 5 washes. But if it doesn’t then you should personally consult a dermatologist for physical examination of your scalp and other detailed evaluation.
Hope to have been helpful.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?