Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears

Question
Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears often itch and I use ear buds or papers to get rid of it. This is going on since a long term( more than 12 years). Today I found on internet that chronic ear infection has higher risk of cancer. I am much afraid. Is it anything serious like cancer ???? Is ear cancer curable ??.?
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nervous habit

Detailed Answer:

Constant esr itching without pain or discharge is mainly due to nervous habit or fungal infection. rarely skin problem within ear. You can use betamethasone mild steroid ear drops.
It is so happens that more than itch, the objects you use to scratch is more dangerous. so refrain from that.
Please see local ENT surgeon.
Also this kind of tch doesn't lead to cancer. since you have such fears please check with ENT surgeon.

Follow-up: Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears 20 hours later
Thank you mam. Mam, I felt my left ear passage was a bit narrow than the right one when I enters ear bud into it. (only a slight narrow) . Is the narrowing of passage might be due to cancer or can the previous stated symptoms lead to cancer(I am also not sure whether it is actually a bit narrow or I am feeling like it. I don't have any pain in my ears. But before some days I found some gel like substance when I inserted finger or buds in the ear(It was like liquefied Ear Wax). I used hydrogen peroxide for some days. At present There is no such substance found with ear bud or finger. I am only worried about cancer.

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
90% humans have inequal opening into external ear

Detailed Answer:

Almost all humans have inequal opening. Since you did not produce anything from ear after cleaning with H2O2, I suggest not to worry about anything including cancer.
Cancer is far from reality in your situation.

Follow-up: Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears 15 minutes later
Thank you so much mam. You really made me relaxed. I didn't produce any discharge after use of Hydrogen peroxide but the itching comes back regularly. So I was worried about cancer after seeing on internet.
Follow-up: Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears 13 hours later
Thank you so much mam. You really made me relaxed. I didn't produce any discharge after use of Hydrogen peroxide but the itching comes back regularly. But there was less bubbling sound in the left ear. So I was worried about cancer after seeing on internet.

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Definitely not cancer

Detailed Answer:
sorry for delayed reply.
as said earlier you should not think of cancer now. You should get evaluation for dermatitis and fungus in external ear by ENT surgeon.