Side effects of Azivent?
Thanks for posting your query.
Although azithromycin is safe medicine and associated with few side effects.
Most common side effects are gastrointestinal: diarrhea (5%), nausea (3%), abdominal pain (3%), and vomiting.
Nervousness, dermatologic reactions, and anaphylaxis, headache have been reported.
Pseudomembranous colitis (due to clostridium difficile bacteria) can occur during and up to several weeks after azithromycin therapy.
It interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills.
Patients have developed cholestatic hepatitis or delirium.
At times serious side effects may occur such as Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes , difficulty breathing or swallowing , wheezing , irregular heartbeat , abnormal swelling, hives, unexplained rash, itching, peeling of skin.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Estrogen side effects side effects
- Azivent 250 mg side effects
- Side effect of vertin 16 mg side effects
- Aricept side effects side effects
- Tramadol side effects side effects
- Side effects of phenytoin side effects
- Side effects of s
- Azivent 500 mg side effects
- Glucophage side effects side effects
- Leflunomide side effects side effects