Should i discontinue Estrogen therapy inspite of having chronic migraine?
yes, can consider at this time
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yes, the estrogen replacement would have been given to prevent early onset of menopausal symptoms.
At age 64, the majority of women would have already completed menopause. In addition the estrogen, as you would know, would likely be contributing to your headaches.
Discontinuation would help reduce the frequency and severity of your headaches.
There is no particular way that HRT ( hormone replacement therapy) is to be discontinued.
It is not considered one of the addictive medications so there are no withdrawal symptoms.
In some women, menopausal symptoms may start up when the medication is stopped, others may not experience any symptoms at all.
The discontinuation should be discussed with your doctor
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of chronic migraine
- Chronic migraines and ivf
- How to treat chronic migraine
- Symptoms of chronic migraine
- Treatment and cure for chronic migraine
- Chronic migraine neck crack
- Chronic migraine taken ada and narco how should i feel
- Drugs/medication for chronic migraine
- Chronic migraine causes
- Chronic migraine headaches treatment