Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Should I be scared of getting HIV after having protected oral sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Sir/Madam , I have done a stupid act in my life . I went to Massage center i got a body to body massage the lady was topless and she was wearing her under garment . I was nude and she ended me with a happy ending and protected oral sex ( I was wearing a condom) but their is no intercourse or Anal sex. please help me i wont repeat this kind of stupid act again 1. Will i get HIV 2. Will i get std 3. Do i need get tested for std and hiv , if it is when i need to get tested 4. iam i at risk please help me Thanks No name
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: should be safe Detailed Answer: Hello, If there was no direct oral contact or intercourse then chance of HIV or STD is very very low. HIV/STD may be a risk of there is unprotected sex, oral contact, or any exchange of bodily fluids. In your case, from what you have mentioned, there should be no risk. However, its advisable to get tested for HIV every year in case you have history of similar exposure.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I be scared of getting HIV after having protected oral sex? 12 minutes later
Madam , Thanks for your quick response , Yes madam this is the first time i have done , Will get any std from the nude body rubbing which i did today and protected blow job , 100% no need worry and take any test i know iam troubling you by asking this kind of questions some people are telling for you mental peace you can test , Is it true if i do PCR for HIV ,VDRL after 72 hrs if comes negative can consider it as negative and live peacefully and no further test required , If i want to PCR after how many days i need to do or no need to do any test its my mental problem ? 1. After 3 months the test is negative means can i consider as negative or again 6 months , 12 months i need test again . 2.Protected oral sex practically will not get std but theoretically changes or their is it true . 3. I dont know that girl had skin diseases or other std etc so in this case do u want me to take test or i forgot it and be happy can you please tell me . If i take test it will come negative only once again i thank u all for help and reply . God bless u . Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: test after 6 months Detailed Answer: The window period of HIV is anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months. If you do decide to get tested for HIV then the PCR test will be valid only after 2-3 weeks after infection. Im not sure when you had this exposure. I suggest you get tested after 6 months. Please be informed that the PCR test is expensive in India. The other normal tests available are cheaper but can only be done after the window period.If its negative then, then you can rest easy. Since you dont know any medical history of this lady, one cannot be sure if you have been exposed to anything. But since no body fluids were exchanged, and you had protected oral sex, its unlikely that you may have acquired anything. I dont think you need to worry about that now. But do get tested for HIV if you wish.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I be scared of getting HIV after having protected oral sex? 4 hours later
Mam sorry for troubling you again. Do you think am Iat risk from this act for hiv and std.what wull be my result im worried I should have not done. practically what is the risk please explain me . God bless you Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 hours later
Brief Answer: explained Detailed Answer: As i have mentioned earlier the risk in your case is low. Since you had protected oral sex. And other type of intercourse . Only condoms can protect against HIV and STD so in the future keep that in mind .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor