Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

126 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Severe pain around chest, shoulder and temple area. Taking prednisone. How to get relief?

Answered by
Dr. Krishna Kumar

Spine Surgeon

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 102 Questions

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I have been having pluralistic type pain around my chest and under my shoulder blades. also having similar pain in the left side of my face and temple area. I have been checked for stroke and heart issues. The specialists two weeks ago felt it was inflammation and put me on Prednisone IV and then 40mg taper. once I began to taper off the symptoms returned and are getting worse. What should I do next.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 4 hours later
Thank you for sharing your problem with us.
With your past history of prostate cancer it would be worthwhile to rule out any thoracic spine involvement by doing a CT Chest and MRI Spine.
We need to know where this pain originate from
So if you didn't already have the scans, please get them done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  

Recent questions on Urinary retention

doctor1 MD

I had bladder cancer and underwent a surgery to remove the bladder. A neao bladder was created that allowed me to urinate normally. Some prostate was also removed. Since surgery I have lost erection which is causing depression. What can be done to regain erection. Viagra did not work. Thanks a million.

doctor1 MD

My father had prostate and it is diagnosed that it is cancers and was operated 10 years ago the doctor told that he has removed the cancer but could not operate the prostate because of come complication .After the operation the doctor under gone Cystoscopy test every year for 5 years after the operation and found no sign of cancer reformation after 10 year he has urinary infection with temperature he took antibiotics and also ultrasound was conducted and found that a little enlargement in prostate is there doctor advised to take medicine as there is not significant enlargement of prostate .After taking medicine he was cured and urine test it is found the inflection is gone and now after 20 day he has again have urinary infection can u please give me the reason ?

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...Every time I pass urine there is a strong smell of rubber or burning smell! I also am suffering from lower back pain and pain around my hips and am feeling extremely tired. I am 42 years old

doctor1 MD

Until recently (age 45) I witnessed precum only if exceptionally aroused during long intercourse or masturbation. Since some months precum is always present with simple excitation. Further, sometimes this comes with a feeling of rectal (prostate?) stiffness. Latest PSA figures were normal. Could this indicate a pathological problem or it can have to do with aging?

doctor1 MD

im on 20 mg of viibryd . 100mg seroquel . 80mg nexium 10mg baclofen hard to start peeing. no blood no pain. ?

doctor1 MD

Can Hemorroids cause me to urunate much more often? I am drinking lots of water to loosen stool? Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi. I am 27 years old. Female. Semi-alcoholic, taking 3mg xanax/day and around 30mg dalmane/day. Those have not been addiction related. I'd say maybe two drinks every few nights long term, some xanax every few days (1-3mg) and same with the...