Severe pain around chest, shoulder and temple area. Taking prednisone. How to get relief?

Dr. Krishna Kumar

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I have been having pluralistic type pain around my chest and under my shoulder blades. also having similar pain in the left side of my face and temple area. I have been checked for stroke and heart issues. The specialists two weeks ago felt it was inflammation and put me on Prednisone IV and then 40mg taper. once I began to taper off the symptoms returned and are getting worse. What should I do next.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 4 hours later
Hi
Thank you for sharing your problem with us.
With your past history of prostate cancer it would be worthwhile to rule out any thoracic spine involvement by doing a CT Chest and MRI Spine.
We need to know where this pain originate from
So if you didn't already have the scans, please get them done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli