Severe pain after tooth extraction. Stomach discomfort after taking medicine. Worrisome

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Question: Hi, I got my tooth extracted 7 days ago. I still have exccuciating pain. I am taking tabs like enzoflam and panadene forte. but they give me relief only temporarily. last only for 2 hours. salt water rinse increases my pain. . My stomach is not well after taking so many medicines every few hours. I am worried these might affect my kidneys as well...Please suggest some good medication to me
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 29 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, you are taking really so many drugs. I can understand your condition. But, do not take these medicines more than two times a day. You can take paracetamol alone instead of taking all these painkillers. Paracetamol alone will be more safe for your stomach.

Besides taking these medicines, take pantoprazole group of drug in empty stomach. If you feel nauseous, you can take ondansetron group of drugs. Take an enzyme solutions before meal.

One more point is, you should take the pain killers after taking some light food, not in empty stomach. And try to avoid taking those, as much as you can.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.