Recurrent blood stains on underwear, temporarily heals after taking antibiotics. Is this any Urinary infection?
I am 38 years old male and I have seen blood stains in my underwear for like a week ago. I had happen to me before last year and I took antibiotics for 15 days and everything was fine since then and now suddenly I see it again. Is it by any chance some urinal infection?
Please Help me find a solution.
Thank you in advance
Thanks for posting your query.
The problem that you have is not uncommon.
There could be many reasons for blood stains on the underwear.
Anything related to male genitourinary system can lead to this.
The reasons could be many, some of them are,
There can be infection any where in the tract (urethra, prostate, seminal vesicles)
Trauma somewhere in tract may be due to some procedure or otherwise
Some condition of prostate
Stone in the tract (seminal vesicles)
There is no reason to worry. By and large this is rarely associated with significant pathology, especially in younger men.
It is better that you visit a urologist for this and get your self evaluated to have a piece of mind.
Looking to your age and absence of any other problem, I do not see any reason to worry.
Urologist after examination may advise some tests, like urine test, ultrasound and other tests as per the need.
Management depends upon the diagnosis.
You can continue your normal routine in mean time.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Antibiotics for urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for recurrent urinary infection
- Do i need to take antibiotic for urinary infection
- Suffering from urinary infection taking antibiotics condition not improving suggestions
- Urinary infection in women after marriage
- Is it safe to take flomax for urinary infection
- Watery sperm after urinary infection
- Diagnosis of recurrent urinary infection
- Symptoms of recurrent urinary infection
- Recurrent urinary infection causes
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?