Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Rammed knee on cheek bone. Having swelling and bruises. Noticed lump pooled with blood at base of the neck. Reabsorb or see doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 339 Questions
my daughter rammed her knee into her cheekbone 10 days ago doing a flip on a trampoline - lots of swelling and bruises which are now fading. But now there's a hard lump at the base of her cheek. Is it just blood pooling that will reabsorb or should we get it looked at?
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later
Hello ,

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for the query,

From the signs and history you mentioned it looks nothing serious but just pooled blood which will get absorbed over a period of next 2-4 weeks.

If it is associated with difficulty in opening mouth or chewing food or is increasing in size then you can consult ENT surgeon for further help.

Meanwhile drugs like serratiopeptidase can help reduce swelling along with cold sponging with ice.
Hope this will help.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor