Purplish colored spot on penis. What could this be?

Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: I just got out of the shower and noticed a small purplish colored spot on my penis. It is not swollen and it is not sore. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: it might be due to bleeding under skin Detailed Answer: Hi, I had gone through your query and understand your concerns.There is small purplish colored spot in your penis, which is bothering you, it is not swollen nor it is sore. Most of the penis spot i had seen and heard are due to some subcutaneous vessel injury due to sexual activities or excessive masturbation. A bruise will usually go away on its own within a few weeks , and not require any specific therapy. but the mark doesn't go away within a few weeks; OR, you notice other bruises or blood spots where you haven't been hurt; OR, you get large bruises after minor injuries; OR, you have bleeding from the gums, nose, or intestinal tract (blood in the stool); OR, you are experiencing any pain, Then it might require a emergency intervention. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T