Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Private skin area and elbow dark. What kind of products is safe to use for whitening or pealing?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions
I am 30 years old female my private area skin is very very dark compared to my skin tone.

plus my elbows have the same issue

how can I even the skin tone? what kind of products is safe to use for whitening or pealing?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Thanks for your question . I would be pleased to answer your query .

There are not many options available to lighten the area over the genitals. You have to make sure that whatever you use should be safe for the skin as over use of products can result in severe irritation of the skin and a condition called irritant contact dermatitis.
You can use a regular lactacyd cleanser containing Lactic acid serum. You can get it from your local physician .
For the Elbow area you can use Vitamin C serum over the area and you can also use any triple combination cream containing hydroquinone over the area daily at night . You will get it only by prescription from your Dermatologist or GP . You should also get Glycolic peels done for the same from your Dermatologist .

Let me know if you need any more help
Thanks and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor