• question-icon

Can Melacare create side-effects like black discolouration of the skin?

Posted on Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Sir,
Melacare r Melacare plus .which cream is better,?
Because I m already using Melacare cream face skin is getting white but my lips are getting black while using that I m aavoided to use near eyes and mouth and while in cold season skin wil also get black. Now a days I stopped using Melacare cream now my face is black. Please get me rid from this problem
Recent my marriage is going to be fix.Pls
Please sujust me one good cream and soap

Ph: 0000
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding creams for fairness

Detailed Answer:
Hello.thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).
'Melacare cream' though far more effective than ┬░Melacare plus cream' in lightening skin tone has signifcant side effects like acne, skin thinning, sensitive skin, photosensitivity etc. It contains a potent topical steroid i.e Mometasone furoate 0.1% as one of the ingredients amongst others like Tretinoin and Hydroquinone. It should not be used on face for longer than 2-4 weeks and unless prescribed by a dermatologist for a specific indication. 'Melacare cream' should anyways not be used as a regular fairness cream. Therefore considering the side effect profile, i would consider 'Melacare plus cream'' as a better option as its ingredients (like tetrahydrocurcumin and gluconolactone) are natural and safe even if used in the long run.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
Thanks you
I m leaving in XXXXXXX Can I get your appointment or sujust me a skin specialist in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding fairness products

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Unfortunately I am not based in XXXXXXX I don't have any specific reference of a Dermatologist in XXXXXXX You may visit any qualified Dermatologist of your own choice in your region. I am sure he/ she would be able to give you professional advice regarding your concerns.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist