Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, checked blood sugar and was elevated. How to overcome this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
My wife checked blood sugar today (she is in her 33rd week of pregnancy). After breakfast (she had tea and buscuits also) the reading was 152. plz suggest wat all are the issues and how can we overcome this
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Guru 59 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Actually in pregnant women, according to standard guidelines the blood sugar levels should be between 70 and 130 mg/dL before meals, and less than 180, two hours after starting a meal. However, I suggest you to get fasting levels one more time and also discuss the results with your gynecologist. There are various treatment moralities in pregnant women to overcome increased blood sugar levels when confirmed. So, please do not worry and importantly do not miss discussion about this with your gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pregnant, checked blood sugar and was elevated. How to overcome this? 2 minutes later
How can we control and maintain correct blood sugar level
Answered by Dr. Guru 47 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

There is nothing much she can do at home now(as she is in 33rd week of pregnancy). However, as I said if increased blood sugar levels are confirmed, the doctor may start insulin therapy.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor