Is Glyburide safe to take when glucose levels are 300?

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Diabetes
Question: if glucose 300 and 310,,insulin glargine 10 units does not help,can i go back on glyburide 1tabl. tree times daily?
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, you can not.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
I have gone through your query and understood your concern.

Your actual blood sugar results are high.
If this are the fasting results I can deduct that your postprandial results are very high and this means that only Lantus is not enough for you.

In these circumstances, the treatment with Glyburide is not the right treatment for you because you need insulin therapy.

I suggest consulting your treating endocrinologist for the right insulin regimen.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee