Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Persistent swelling on foreskin of penis,intercourse

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hi i have swelling of the foreskin after a night of sex and has not gone away after a week
Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Please provide some information.
1.Can you retract the foreskin?
2.Do you have bullous swellings on the glans?
3.Do you have pain?
4.Did you have rough/vigourous intercourse?

Awaiting your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Persistent swelling on foreskin of penis,intercourse 12 hours later
It's hard retract the fore skin . Yes it was rough sex. And hurts when I urinate and I just found out from my partner that she had a pap test and it was neg but she did have a yiest infection. What do I do
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later
Well, this is called Phimosis. It occurs due to adhesions on the foreskin that cause painful, difficult retraction of the foreskin. There might be some infection,hardened secretions etc that are part of the cause.

You will need to see a doctor for manipulation under local anesthesia.

The ultimate treatment is usually circumcision in recurrance cases.

You will also need a course of antibiotics to avoid infection.

Hope I answered your question, let me know if you have any further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor