Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis shrinking, cannot maintain erection, not hard erection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
my age is 32 and my penis size is shrinkage upto 0.5 inches when flacid and 3.5 inch at the time of erect but not remain erect for more than 2 minutes and not so much hard
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Your penis size when erect if indeed is 3.5cm is not bad, and should be more than adequate for satisfactory sexual intercourse. If you feel you are not having a sufficiently hard erection that lasts only a few minutes, you can try using pills belonging to the class of drugs known as PDE5 Inhibitors. The most famous example is Viagra, but better molecules are also now available, and can be used after some preliminary checks.(This to ensure you have no heart condition which can aggravated by use of such drugs, and you should not be using any drugs which are called nitrates, and you should not behaving the rare disorder known as retinitis pigmentosa). So stop worrying, as in fact the commonest cause of erectile dysfunction in young age is anxiety!

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis shrinking, cannot maintain erection, not hard erection 19 hours later
Sir can you suggest any speciciast for this problemb in mumbai for consultation

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 54 minutes later
Hi and thanks again,

The best person will be Dr.Rupin Shah, in Leelavathi Hospital.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
If all your queries are addressed, please close this discussion.

Best Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis shrinking, cannot maintain erection, not hard erection 15 hours later
can i satisfy the female during intercourse , also on my penis strech XXXXXXX when it is flacid or shrinkage, when it erect shown same
pl suggest can i use any medicine
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 31 hours later

Hi and thanks again,

Let me assure you - only the first 2 inches of genital tract in women are sensitive. You will definitely be able to satisfy woman during intercourse. So do not worry.

Stretching of foreskin during erection can result in some marks on the penis. This won't affect your sexual performance. Neither does it warrant any treatment. If you are worried about the cosmetic appearance of these marks, you can visit a dermatologist who can prescribe you some medical creams that will reduce these marks.

I would assure you once more. The stretch marks are harmless. You would be able to satisfy your partner sexually. So do not worry.

Hope this helps. If all your queries are answered, please accept and close this discussion. Yet, if you have any more queries, I am available to assist you.

Good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor