Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Partial Phimosis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
I need to know the best sexologists in Mumbai for treatment of partial phimosis...pls can u recommend some good doctors,,,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

Partial phimosis in adult age usually happens due to scarring. Treatment of phimosis skin involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams like betamethasone but these are associated with a lower success rate. Surgical treatment provides 100% results.

Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning.

If symptoms persist then surgical treatment like circumcision and perputioplasty is the only option left.

To find a good urologist in mumbai for your treatment, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Partial Phimosis 18 hours later
Thanks for your prompt reply..But i have a basic doubt..For problems on the partial phimosis which doctor is recommended a Urologists or a Sexologists.....Pls recommend....The problem i have is only during erection when it is painful for the foreskin to slide over the glans and the glans is not exposed so please recoomed accordingly the treatment required.....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

The urologist is the best person in this regard both for conservative treatment as well as for the surgery part.

Sexologists usually only recommend conservative treatment and are not well versed with the surgical treatment.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor