Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain while urination. Abnormal urine test report. Treatment options?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
I am a 50 year old woman and recently had painful urination. I did a urine test and received the following results:

Color: Pale Yellow
Transparency: Turbid
PH: Alkaline

Specific Gravity: Q.N.S

Reducing Sugar: NIL

Pus Cells: 6-8 /HPF
RBC: 10-12 /HPF
Casts: NIL
Crystals: NIL
Epithelial Cells: 4-5 /HPF
Bacteria: NIL

What do these results mean? What should I be doing next?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your urine examination suggests that you have doctor and get treatment for the same.

In addition, you should get urine c/s and ultrasound KUB examination done.

Till you see your doctor you should drink plenty of cranberry juice. It shall provide you with partial relief of symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have additional concerns.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor