Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pain in wrist due to lifting weights. How to fix it ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
one morning i woke up and my wrist was in a great deal of pain, it could have been from weight lifting. it has been sore for 2 months now, i still lift weights and today i lifted weights and it has gotten worse, what can i do to fix it and can i still workout?
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know more about the situation in order to help you better

1. From the past two months had the pain subsided for a while? Or has it been the same?
2. Do you have any limitation of movements in the affected joint?
3. Have you been increasing your weights over the past two months?
4. Did you try taking pain killers? If yes did it help?

Please get back to me with the answers. I am awaiting your reply.

I wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in wrist due to lifting weights. How to fix it ? 8 hours later
The pain was the same,no, i havent increased weight,no pain killers
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later

Thanks for replying

It looks like you might be suffering from inflammation of that joint. I would recommend you to approach an orthopedician for an x XXXXXXX of the wrist joint.
Anti inflammatory drugs like Ketodalac will help in your case and reduce the pain to a great extent. Please ask your doctor for a prescription
I recommend you to stop lifting weights for 15 days as this might worsen the inflammation and add stress at the joint.

I hope I have answered to your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor