Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Pain in the groin area. Have congenital bilateral dysplasia. Could it be cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
Hi im a 36yr old female, I am fit and healthy have had 3 children.
i have a pain in my right upper inner thigh groin area, its not severe but nagging it is made temporarily worse by a bowel movement it started about 12 wks ago, at the time i was doing some spinning cycling classes and thought it could be that, i did notice some parathesia of my labia after cycling.I have congenital bilateral dysplasia of the hips, i'm terrified i might have cancer of the bowel/ovary/ and that its too late already. what could be causing the pain?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Are you a Firstborn in your family?
2.) Do you have difficulty walking?
3.) Do you have Pain in your Hip area?
4.) Do you have numbness or weakness in your Lower limbs?

You History suggests you have a Nerve Compression in the Thigh area. The possibility of cancer looks rare. Normally the Femoral Nerve Passes through this area. This has to be confirmed, Kindly get yourself examined by a Orthopedician so that he may examine you in detail and suggest few tests like,

2.) MRI Scan.

to confirm it. Once confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor