Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Pain in right right testicle, no torsion, unprotected sex. Cyst likely?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hi im 25, had pain last year in right testicle , was thought to be torsion, was admitted to surgery for exploration. no sign of torsion. was tested for STI/STD's and was cleared of that. did have unprotected anal with g/f. was given antibiotics for possible infection. had repeat 2 more times of antibiotics. have slight pain at top of testicle still. had my sperm checked for fertility and infection and came back ok. pain still there. if i dont have sex the pain gets worse, but about 5 mins afterwards the pain almost goes away? wondering if you would know. do i have a cist in the tube? or still an infection? ??? thanks in advance
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern for such a testicular pain even after exploration. In view of this, few possibilities are there which need to be evaluated.

The first possibility is of any inguinal hernia which may cause any testicular pain due to radiation of pain. The second possibility is of radiating pain due to kidney or bladder stones. But this is usually presenting with lumbar pain and urinary symptoms as well.

In young males, often excessive bicycle riding and prostatic infection can cause such kind of testicular pain. Sometimes sitting on an inadequately padded surface or for prolonged periods of time is causing transient irritation to the prostate which is already inflamed. This could be appearing as the pain on top of testicles.

Lastly any neurological pain as well as epididymitis and orchitis (infection of the testicles) also need to be ruled out. Usually epididymal cysts are symptomless but sometimes they can cause as well. Hence it is mandatory to get a few investigations done. These include ultrasound lower abdomen, testicular ultrasound and color Doppler, urethral swab, PSA (prostatic specific antigen) and NCV (nerve conduction velocity) test done. Best would be to get these investigations done from a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor