Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Pain in feet while walking. Tried soft shoes, insoles with no help. Any solution ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 170 Questions
Dear Dr.

My father, aged 52, is suffering from pain in the feet while walking, I can sometimes notice his slight limp when he tries to take a step with his right foor. We have tried every option: Soft shoes, insloes, etc but nothing is working.

Request your help in curing the pain that he is going through.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 1 hour later
Thanks for asking your query.

First and foremost one needs to diagnose the condition your father is suffering. Pain in foot can be due to many reasons including plantar fasciatis, loss of fat pad, old trauma or prolonged use of faulty footwear. Even a compression of spinal nerve may cause pain or a spur growing on heel bone might be the problem. So the treatment will be determined accordingly.

Since he limps already and has used insole to no use, it is appropriate he visits his orthopaedician immediately and start anti inflammatory medicines along with local ultrasonics and exercises at nearest physical therapists. The doctor also might suggest a local steroid injection for long term relief. He shall be expected to change his sitting/standing/walking habits and few lifestyle modifications.

In my opinion, he must first establish a diagnosis aided with proper investigations like x-ray and be treated accordingly.

I hope this answer was informative. If you need more assistance, I'm available for follow up.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in feet while walking. Tried soft shoes, insoles with no help. Any solution ? 4 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Can i refer him to you. Request you to please provide your contact number so that he can call you and fix an appoint ment with you.

Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 11 minutes later
I'll be honored to help you. I'm available for consultation next week at Sevenhills Hospital Andheri. You may call me on 9860 0000.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor