Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Pain due to prolapsed hemorrhoid above rectum, foul smelling pus, bleeding. No constipation. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
For the last 3 days I have been in extreme pain due to what I thought was a prolapsed hemorrhoid just above my rectum. I went to Dr. He didn't even check it. Just told me I needed to have it surgically removed. He gave me a pain med and a referral. I noticed earlier tonight that it was getting bigger, marble size. I just woke up and was no longer in pain and realized that it had ruptured. It has a very foul smelling puss and blood in it. What was it? Now I'm worried about it getting infected.
I'm married. Never had any other sex partner. Same with my husband. So no chance of STD. Never anal sex. No constipation either.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 43 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As examination is necessary, you should have gone to a general Surgeon, inplace of general practitioner.

It was probably an infected hemorrhoid.

To identify the causative organism and effective antibiotics, the best way is Culture & Sensitivity test of discharge from infected pile.

Please consult a general Surgeon.

Meanwhile you can apply Proctosedyl ointment locally.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor